7.16.2008

rainy day opportunities

Florida is one of my favorite places to get away to - the sun, the sand, the ocean, the people... That's where I am today. This trip was courtesy of some really good folks who make me feel wealthy. I'd decided that a summer trip was not going to happen this year. Things are tight financially and recent circumstances have made it even moreso. What I don't have in dollars I have in abundance when it comes to great people in my life. They've made these few days away possible.

The flight was flawless. Airport parking was a breeze, security was painless (I sorta enjoyed the little puffer machine). Our flight was right on time, the rental car was waiting, and the drive to where I'm staying was easy. If the trip back is as problem free I'll tell you about this great new inexpensive carrier I've found. I like bragging on the ones that do it right.

Everything is not perfect, at least by vacation standards. It has been raining pretty much since we've been here. I expect soggy weather when I visit Alaska. Heck, I'd be disappointed if I didn't get rained on there. But I'm at the beach, and there's sort of this obligation to come home with a pretty tan with lines and stuff. The locals say it's supposed to clear up by the end of the week so all will be good.

About the rain, I enjoy it. It may prevent me from doing what I came to the Sunshine State to do, but it allows other things. This journal entry is one of them. BTW, I've never written from my phone before, so mistakes can be expected. I'll need to run down to Starbucks to see if I did it right. I also have a couple of songs on the stove and a rainy morning is a good time to concentrate on them. It'll be exciting to see what comes out of the rain. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: