7.08.2008

oh well...

Thanks for letting me get that scream out of my system last night. The little volcano within had been building up steam pretty much all day. No lava, no damage. Just noise. It felt good to get it out.

I spent a good part of yesterday and last night looking at my budget and sorting the un from the necessary. I know a lot of people who are doing it. I have friends with boats who can't afford to put them in the water. Heck, they can't afford to get to the water. Vacations have turned into backyard staycations and eating out is a luxury again. Today the cable company and I parted on good terms. We may get together again one day. Who knows.

As tight as things are, I'm still very, very fortunate. The fluff stuff may be trimmed, but I can't think of a thing that I need. So instead of being miffed about the stuff I'm letting go of, I've decided today to see it as a cleansing of sorts - a way to declutter and get back to simpler things. I prolly needed it anyway.

No promises I won't scream again tomorrow...

2 comments:

Lora said...

Ya know, Kenny B, parting ways with the cable company will be very freeing, I'll just betcha. I haven't had cable in 23 years and haven't missed it a bit. I found that with all the viewing options, my family was planted in front of the TV and not interacting as much as I thought they should. So, out it went. Now that it's just me, I still haven't considered it. Too much blood, mayhem and gratuitous sex for my old fashioned self.

Staycations are good for folks, too. Dads won't have to look in the rearview mirror and threaten his highly annoyed children who are on the verge of major catastrophe in the backseat and say, "Don't make me pull this car over!"

Free time will open dialogue between neighbors, family and friends. I'm likin' it. :)

Anonymous said...

I joined you in the scream, though it wasn't for the same reasons. Still, I probably will be screaming about that soon, too. Glad you feel better. lol!