7.02.2008

nine ninety nine ninety nine

It may have worked when I was a kid, but it's been a long, long time since I really thought I was paying anything more than a penny less than eight dollars for a $7.99 whatchamasomething.

There's a local electronics store in my area that loves to out sale as well as out sell their competition. And they should. That's business. But they do it thinking we are gullible consumers who don't notice their sneakiness. They run these ads on TV that first show an item with one of their competitor's price tags that reads "$579." Then the announcer says, "Their price five hundred eighty dollars." Then he goes on, "Pieratt's price, five seventy nine." They honest to goodness think we don't know their game. I'm insulted myself.

Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Lora said...

That type of advertising is indeed insulting. I most likely would go ahead and spend that extra dollar at their competitors just because of the lame game playing. Businesses want to cut us a deal? Then cut us a deal! Knock at LEAST $10 off. :)