7.14.2008

oh me! oh my! oh mine!

I really don't know who or how many folks take the time to stop in and read what's banging around in my head. I've heard from several though the last several days asking me where I've been and why I haven't' been talking lately. It's not that there hasn't been plenty to say. I'm always pondering a variety of things. I just hate to rattle on sometimes.

For the next couple of weeks I'll be away from the office and Kentucky. I'm not sure what Internet access will be like, so I may be silent for a while. I'll try to take notes though and holler about the fun stuff that will likely come up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not much of a late sleeper. Most mornings allow me to catch about the first five minutes of the morning news. Then it's out the door. I'm not working today, so this morning I was able to spend a little more time catching up on Washington, Hollywood and gas. I made sure to catch the Today Show. I wanted to give Kathie Lee Gifford a chance to change my mind about her.

I don't know what happened. I used to really like Kathie Lee. About a week ago when I was off for the holiday I sat down to see how she and Hoda were holding up. They're starring in the last hour of the now nearly day-long morning news program. OK, all of my tepid web-speak skills will work here. LOL, ROFL, FYA, HHOJ/K, IDK, LMAO and probably a few others fit nicely. I'll say, I like Hoda. She makes the hour for me. She seems like a real person and I think we'd get along if we were put in a room together. Me and Mrs. Gifford might have some issues though.

I remember back when she used to sit next to Regis. I sorta liked her then because Reege had a way of rolling his eyes every time she'd start on all the stuff she has and all the people she knows and all the invitations she gets (and turns down). "It's hard being famous Reege!!" Now poor Hoda has to endure all that "I'm blessed with fab" all by herself. She has to be counting the ticks to the next commercial break. I sorta sense it between the two of them. Sometimes it feels like the show's guests should be wearing referee stripes.

I can handle arrogance. I know a few people who have a lot of love for themselves. I have trouble though with folks who seem to enjoy making others feel inferior along the way. KLG says she's "blessed." I can't argue with her.

pause...

OK, reading back it looks like I'm angry. Lord knows I'm not. Maybe I was just in the wrong mood when I turned on the TV. I don't begrudge anyone who has worked hard and achieved a lot. I just thought I'd let you know that me and Kathie Lee probably wouldn't be good friends for very long. We'd both have our issues with each other. Now that I've spent all this time pointing at her I'm gonna run look in the mirror.

No comments: