7.16.2008

benny

I'd like to think I'm a giver. Some people are generous givers. Benny is. It's fairly common to get a note or a phone call from him giving us the opportunity to help him help others. That's generous I think.

I met Benny for the first time about six years ago. I noticed he was quiet and moved deliberately and listened before he spoke. I remember thinking, gosh I'd like to be like that. I've had a chance to get to know him even better over the years. In that time I've also learned that he is loyal, likes to bake, is a great tennis player and loves to laugh. That's also when I learned that he likes to help others, especially those in need. I still want to be like him.

Today is Benny's birthday. No one knows how old he is. I'm gonna guess 27. Happy birthday my Benny buddy!!!

No comments: