5.27.2008

thinking about yesterday

Today feels like Monday. I woke up Sunday morning thinking it was Saturday. By the time I realized I was tricked I'd already missed church. I felt bad about that.

I spent most of the daylight hours this past weekend working on landscaping my yard. There are lots of big trees surrounding the place, but closer to the ground things have been pretty much neglected for a few years now. So, since most folks look at where they are stepping, my project this spring has been to make things around the outside of the house look a little nicer.

This was my weekend to have my son Christian with me. He helped me stack stones and dump dirt and dig holes and trim bushes. He's expensive though. About 45 minutes of accumulated work cost me $20. That's not much for a professional, but he's not licenced. He was handy though and we enjoyed chatting while we worked.

Saturday and Sunday was picture-perfect weather. The plan was to get all of the yard work done those two days and enjoy family, friends and the pool on Monday. When I woke up that morning though the weather guy on TV said probably not. "What more do you want?!" He asked. "You had two good days of perfect weather. Don't push it!" He was right. I felt greedy for asking, especially after seeing the terrible destruction left from the tornadoes in the mid west. I've been praying for the victims there.

Even with the clouds and the threat of rain, yesterday was a wonderful day. We had some of our closest friends come hang with us, and my kids, who happen to be the two most important people in my life were there. Casie brought her boyfriend Cody. We talked and grilled and ate and visited.

It was a good day yesterday. I've spent most of this day so far thinking about it.

No comments: