5.22.2008

american idol showed itself

This is a day late, but did anyone else catch the gaffe at the end of American Idol's Tuesday night show? Maybe it's happened before and I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but I always assumed that when they showed the clips of each night's performance at the end of the show it was actual clips of that night's live performances. Even if that has been the case all season long, it wasn't so this past Tuesday night.

I have a DVR that allows me to pause, rewind and record TV. I've gotten used to having it and sometimes I find myself wanting to rewind a scene when I'm at the movie theater or watching TV at a friend's house. It's a pretty cool luxury, and it came in handy this week as I rewound, fast-forwarded and rewound again and again to make sure I was seeing and hearing things correctly.

The little David sang his three songs and did them well. I've been super impressed by his talent all season. At the end of the show when they played back his live performances and closed the clip with his ending of "Imagine" I noticed that he did a little trill thing and didn't go straight to the last note. In his actual live performance he did go straight to the note. I thought it was uncharacteristic of his style, so it stuck out to me. That's why I noticed the difference in the play back.

Did anyone else notice it? Have you noticed other inaccuracies or technical gaffes during AI this season?

No comments: