5.04.2008

mark & stan

I don't know how long a woman should wait before having her next child, but my momma didn't waste any time. Eleven months and four days after my older brother Mark was born I became Bishop boy number two.

For twenty-seven days every year Mark and I are twins. Between April 8th, my birthday, and May 4th, his birthday we are the same age. When we were younger that seemed like a big deal. As of today, he's officially one year older than me.

I'm so proud of my older brother. He's faced a lot of tough stuff and had to make some tough decisions, but he's done well for himself and succeeded. He's a tremendously talented song writer and singer and communicator. He used to make fun of me when we were younger saying that singing was for sissies. He's no sissy, but he sure is a good singer.

Happy birthday brother!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Someone else special is celebrating his birthday today. Stan is an incredibly close friend. Most folks know him for his skill and abilities on the piano. Nowadays he travels around with Mark Lowry showing the world his gift of musical magnificence.

He lives in Atlanta, but a couple of years ago Stan was able to celebrate his birthday here in Kentucky - at the Kentucky Derby no less. What a way to enjoy your special day. I was thrilled to be able to host him.

A lot of people know him as a talented artist. I know him as an incredibly close friend who I count it an honor to have in my life.

Happy birthday my friend Stan!!

No comments: