6.27.2008

where did it go?

What day is it? Not sure why, but I've been messed up all week. Yesterday seemed like Wednesday, and I got up this morning all confused when I looked in the closet and noticed four shirts missing. I thought, "It's only Thursday. When did I wear four shirts this week?" I sat in a meeting last night and I think I referred to Tuesday as "yesterday" at least a half-dozen times.

However it happened, now that I realize today is Friday I'm excited that the weekend is here. But I'm sort of a little disappointed. Can a whole day come and go and I can't remember a single thing about it? I guess it's possible. I've left the office before, driven through two towns, a couple of small communities and three dozen traffic lights and couldn't tell you a thing about the trip when I got home. Sorta scary isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. Many a time I haven't remembered the drive home at all, just suddenly turned into my parking place! Glad to know it happens to others who are much younger! LOL

Lora said...

Sounds to me like someone is more than a tad preoccupied. :) When my mind is pondering many things on an endless basis, I can lose several days at a time. Scary, I know. Life really is passing us by it seems.