6.09.2008

when did this happen??

I had to take Christian back home last night. For the record, this is the absolute most difficult part of my life. The drive from my place to his is about an hour. We always enjoy that part of the ride that we get to spend together, but when I drop him off and I pull away from that house where he sleeps and lives and does homework the task becomes trying not to cry.

I usually do things to distract myself. Sometimes the radio does the job. Sometimes I roll down all of the windows. I love the wind in the truck. At least until a bug or a bee decides to join. Then the drive gets really crazy. One of us has to go, and it's my truck. I knew a guy once who was doing the same thing with all the windows down and an owl flew into his car! I think the bird won that one.

It's while I was driving home last night that a couple of things occurred to me. First off, Blake Shelton's version of "Home" is almost identical to Michael Buble's. Second, locusts only work the first shift, crickets take second and third. Third (ok, so more than a couple), we're already at that time of year when it doesn't get completely dark until almost 10:00 at night - at least around here.

I'm gonna lobby my congressman to do something about time. In my opinion this summer is coming and going way too quickly. Didn't we just set our clocks ahead a week or so ago? Didn't we just cover the plants so the frost wouldn't bite? My back is still a little sore from all the leaf raking. It couldn't have been that long ago.

The guy who promises to slow things down gets my vote for president.

Christian's voice is deeper than mine now. He asked to use my razor this past weekend! Casie has been driving for almost four years. She's declaring a major soon. When did this happen?

No comments: