2.05.2008

ty

Now that we're in the computer/gadget age and we're able to carry on a full-tilt conversation without ever opening our mouths, we must learn to abbreviate. I carry a BlackBerry. I became addicted after having to use one with my work in the governor's office. Once you reluctantly start using you become a junkie almost immediately. Then you learn to say whole sentences using only parts of words. It's almost a code like language, except so many people do it now it's not really very secret - at least the way a proper code language should be.

Being in politics, we write a lot of thank you notes to folks who contribute to a campaign or give the governor or first lady or even their dog a gift. People who've given money to help us restore the Governor's Mansion received thank you notes from us. We learned in our texting/typing to use the letters "ty" instead of the whole word. Then this great, super, pretty and smart co-worker came into our lives whose name is Ty. That messed everything up. Now we use the letters "tu." I don't mind though because I like Ty. She's one of my bffs now. Today is her bday!! I'll stop now. My spellcheck is getting angry.

No comments: