2.09.2008

going back...

Don't ask me how old I am. Actually, you don't have to. It's all over the Internet. Google my name (that tickles) and you can learn pretty much anything you want to know. I'll tell you this, I'm a proud child of the sixties. What a time it was! That's what they tell me anyway. I was way too young to remember anything about it. I've seen the pictures though and it looks like it was a lot of fun.

Being born in the LATE sixties means that music was written, played and sung so as to be an influence in my life. It was still entertainment to many, but just as many saw music as a way to get their message heard - and responded to. I remember a lot of it - 60s, 70s, 80s ...

My favorite was the 1980s. I was in and out of young love, my hormones were in control (I discovered new surprises everyday), and I emerged from that awkward place where the rest of my body hid the memo from my nose and ears. Up until the early to mid eighties a love song didn't mean much to me. When I finally had a pretty face to attach to it the song became "ours." I like the music of the 1980s.

My friends and I are throwing an eighties party tonight. We're calling it a $2 Prom. Everyone must come dressed in an outfit from the mid 1980s. If they have it in their closet (and who doesn't) they can wear it. If they have to visit Goodwill or the Salvation Army to buy something they can not spend more than $25, and I mean for the entire outfit. This ought to be fun.

No comments: