2.24.2008

back to the good stuff

Back when I was singing with my family one of my favorite places to sing was in southern Illinois. In particular, there was a weekend in February hosted by a group from the area called the Truthseekers. It's hard to put a finger on it, but there was always something very, very special about this event, but especially about these people. When the group retired and I hung up my microphone for so many years I didn't often miss the road, or singing. Except for this event.

I had the opportunity to relive the delight of the Truthseekers homecoming weekend just this past week. The event is as wonderful as I remembered it. The group is as kind and gracious and loving as they always were. I sang with some other artists, refreshed some out-of-touch friendships and made some great new friends. This is the part of singing I like most.

No comments: