3.26.2008

jamie

Sometimes you just meet someone who strikes you as fun and happy all the time. Of course, most all of us know how to turn on the charm. But Jamie is a contagious charmer. That only comes naturally.

I'd seen him around here and there, but the first time I remember getting to visit and know Jamie well was at a Shakespeare in the Park play we both happened to be at. The event is one of my favorites. Friends join up and everyone brings a blanket and a cooler and some food, usually cheeses and crackers and fruits, and enjoys good company and a great play.

I didn't know that someone in our group had invited him, but by the time the play was over I was thinking that Jamie was a great guy. His wit and his laugh are fun. When it's time to take the moment seriously he knows how to properly treat it. Most people with a quick wit never figure that out. Jamie has.

He lives in Nashville these days, so I should be hearing the laughter from down that way soon. Today is his birthday. Somebody down there throw him a blowout party. He really deserves it.

Happy birthday Jamie!!

No comments: