4.08.2008

what to do...

I have an uncle who, as far as I know, has never gone to work on his birthday. He always takes the day off. I have a friend who always pampers himself on his birthday. He'll get a massage and the works. The day is all his and he enjoys it. I say good for him.

I'm not really big into my birthday. But I was thinking last week about what I should do if I did decide to mark the day this year. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to take the day off. I'd just work at home if I did. Since the big day is on a Tuesday this year there's not a lot going on as far as plays or concerts. Maybe I'll just treat today like every other and see if anything happens naturally. I know I can count on calls from my parents and my kids. Several friends will send text messages and emails. Most of my co-workers don't even know it's my day, so I don't expect a lot from them. I know my cousin Janice will call and my sweet friend Loretta will send a card. You just know some things.

Greg, Justin and I share a birthday week, so our friends threw us a big party this past weekend. It was fun and probably sufficient as far as celebrating goes. But who knows? Birthdays are about surprises...

No comments: