4.07.2008

the week from heaven

This will be a special week for me. I'll get to spend some extra time with my son of 14 years. He's on spring break. Being divorced is akin to hell. That's an exaggeration, but more than anything else, I miss being able to walk down the hall anytime I want and looking in on my kids as they sleep. Sometimes I miss them so bad all I can do is lay in my bed and cry. When he is at my house for the night or for a few days I often crack Christian's bedroom door open and watch him sleep for a minute or two. Anything more than that would be creepy.

This week will be fun. We'll pass the baseball, maybe ride the bike. I'll watch him play video games. We'll listen to music. We may go see a movie or two or go to a baseball game. Sometimes we don't do anything special at all. But we feel good knowing the other is so close. I'm happiest when I know he is within earshot.

This will be a good week. Like a week from heaven.

No comments: