2.03.2009

random road thoughts

Out the drive, turn left. At the stop sign, turn right. About a mile to the next one, stop, then straight through. Left at the traffic light, then up Main Street through town. Right onto Newtown, a couple of miles to the interstate. Go west, young man 'til the sign says Frankfort. Right at the end of the ramp, left onto the connector, right just after the bridge then left onto Capitol Avenue. Park it and do the steps to the top floor. It's always a magnificent sight, the capitol dome.

Ever just tune out? It takes me not quite an hour to get from my house to the office. Somewhere around thirty or so traffic lights, a couple of security checks and 111 stair steps (I try not to use the elevator) and I'm there. If someone asked me, I doubt I could tell them much about the trip. I'm a thinker, so most of the time I just zone out and count on habit to get me from A to B. Probably not a good and safe way to do it, but I've arrived alive and mostly ticket free for several years now.

On my mind this morning: More snow! The guy on TV said to look for about three inches of it. I'm afraid of ice. I can handle the snow.

Christian Bale... I guess he feels he is superior enough to talk to one of us mortals that way. I don't encourage you to listen to his latest inhumane tirade against the poor lighting guy. It'll make you angry and you'll hear x-rated words. I'm not sure I ever watched a movie because he was in it anyway. I might avoid one thanks to him though.

I was just glued to the Super Bowl. I wanted the Steelers to win it because my son is a huge Steelers fan. I wanted the Cardinals to win it because Rush is a huge Steelers fan.

I thought candidate Obama said he didn't want lobbyists at the White House desks...

All the unnecessary bells and whistles on AOL's web site annoys me. I wish they had a simpler, less clickity version.

So many "social sites" to keep up with. If I give a lot of time to one am I ignoring the others? If I give equal time to them all I'll never, ever do anything but "socialize." Is there a way to consolidate them?

I'll have a good reason to go to bed early when Conan moves to LA. BTW, did Leno call former President Bush stupid last night? He's starting to sound like the bitter old man that is Letterman.

I like Mike Duncan. He is a friend of mine. I'm excited though about the direction the new chair of the Republican National Committee will go. It's your turn Mr. Steele.

I'm so, so, so, so, so, so grateful to have a job. The scary emails and calls from too many friends out of work won't stop. I feel very blessed.

I hope Angela is doing better today. She's a wonderful Christian friend who nearly died when her house burned down. The doctors say it'll be a long and painful recovery. I pray hard for her and think about her a lot. My uncle Glen needs the prayers too. You know about it, God.

Paying attention to Hollywood news is like eating pretzels and chewing gum at the same time. What's the point?

Paying attention to gospel music blogs is like eating pretzels and chewing gum at the same time. What's the point?

It seems the natural progression of our government that we would go from subsidising crop success to subsidising corporate failure? Can we start all over?

In the bible each town had a church. You know, the church at Philadelphia, the church at Ephesus, the church at Laodicea. Why do we have hundreds and hundreds of them in Lexington? Can't we Christians get along?

Continuing the thought; Of the hundreds of churches within 20 miles of my house (no exaggeration), most of them are usually half or less full for a few hours a day, half of a day a week. That leaves them completely empty for about 28 days every month. If we can't worship together, why don't we at least take turns using the space?

I get reality TV and the news channels mixed up.

Caffeine, I need caffeine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I love this. It sounds like you had a tape recorder on in your mind.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like how my mind does work..........

Anonymous said...

this sounds like how my brain does work..............

Sharon said...

Your randomness is wondermous.