10.10.2008

ladies and gentlemen...

What a night! It was a once in a lifetime moment. The crowd was wild! All they knew to do was scream, throw flowers and beg for his autograph. People will be talking about it for years to come. Tomorrow's mothers and grandmothers who are today's little girls will talk about the night they actually witnessed it.

It was a magical moment that will go down in history as one of Prestonsburg, Kentucky's proudest. The regular kid from the mountains of eastern Kentucky who made it to the big stage did it here first. My daddy's grandson, the boy who is mine, my own flesh and blood made his professional stage debut last night. How cool!

Christian is a good singer. He can hit a note, hold a note and let go of a note. He can curl, flip it and slide into it whenever it's necessary. He stands there and sings it flat-footed. And last night he did it like a pro. I can retire now.

Way to go Pal!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

3 comments:

batgirl's blog said...

Good post, feeling the same........

Anonymous said...

Like father like son! A regular chip off the ole' block. I know you must have been proud of him & you were there for his great moment.

Anonymous said...

Kenny, we enjoyed your concert last night at Union Baptist in Knoxville with HisVoice. It was great meeting you (again) and I love the CD that I bought. My favorite is The Prodigals Dad, which made me cry last night.