1.21.2008

dave

I like Dave. He's one of those calm and observant kinda guys that you wish you were like after you've opened your mouth and revealed your lack of class. Dave has class. When everyone else in the room is waiting for the guy who's currently owning the conversation to take a breath so we can jump in and say something brilliant, Dave is sitting on the side, but not too far away, listening and well, just listening. He's smart. He's an attorney. I'm sure you have to be smart to be an attorney, but that's not why I think he's smart. For the record, I know some pretty stupid attorneys. I think Dave is smart because he listens more than he talks. It could be because he has nothing to say. But that doesn't keep me or most of my other friends from saying something. If we were smart we'd do more listening. Dave is smart. Today is his birthday. He's asked anyone who intended to get him a gift to make their present buying money payable instead to the Lexington Senior Citizen's Center. He's smart AND kind. Happy birthday Dave.

No comments: