6.05.2008

in the morning...

Early morning is my favorite time to create, especially if I've had good rest the night before. I can tell the difference too. If I've tossed a lot or if I had to get up in the middle of the night (you know why) and my rest has been interrupted I wake up less inclined to write happy or positive thoughts. The songs I work on at those times seem to be less about God and more about me.

When I'm tired or my mood is down I also tend to think angrier thoughts about I'm-holier-than-you-Christians who want to keep God all to themselves.

Waking up refreshed and alive makes me feel as though I have something to contribute, something that might just help someone somewhere with something. With millions of voices and just as many songwriters and journalers, I'm sure my words or ideas won't be the loudest or most clever, or even the most effective, but maybe a thought expressed with a melody or in a writing can be coupled with someone else's or more to form an assurance to the person who needs some love.

I slept well last night. I'm anxious to see what develops.

No comments: