6.06.2008

friday morning this and that

Today's thoughts are a bit hodgepodgy. (not even a word)

Knowing last night that I didn't have to get up super early this morning meant that I could look forward to sleeping in a bit today. Not so though. Like usual, I woke up early. I usually can't get back to sleep when that happens. I've tried, but my busy mind and nervous energy won't let me. It worked out well though. I always feel like I've missed the most creative, productive and energizing part of the day if I sleep past 7:30 or 8:00. Since the pace was a bit slower, I enjoyed coffee and breakfast, the newspaper (online), Chris Brown on the Today Show, and a good couple of hours of song writing.

My favorite place to write is at the lake. Being able to take my pad and pen and recorder down to the water is very refreshing to me. It's about a one minute walk to the dock, and the breeze this morning was fairly brisk, which was good considering it was already nearly 80 degrees by 8:30. I've had a couple of strong ideas bouncing around in my head and in my writer's pad for a few days now. This morning was a great chance to do something with them. One song is coming across a bit angry though, so I'm backing away, but plan to come back to it later with fresh eyes and hopefully more compassion.

I'll get to spend this weekend with my kids. YEA! I'm gonna run pick up Christian later this afternoon, and Casie told me last night she's hoping to come hang out with me tomorrow. I always get excited when I know I'll get to be a daddy in person.

Some friends are participating in their community yard sale tomorrow. They've invited us to bring our stuff and play too. I need to get up into the attic and get all of my unsold left overs from last year back out and ready for the market again. Surely someone has a use for a ceiling fan with a missing blade - or two. I can probably find a few old Bishops albums too. I'm not a yard sale shopping fan, but I'll sell my old stuff to anyone who is.

I'm singing in Frankfort, Kentucky this Sunday morning. A friend of mine who is a former co-worker is the pastor there. Several weeks ago he asked me if I'd come sing a few songs during their Sunday morning worship. It'll be fun.

I've invited all of my MySpace friends to come join us here. The environment is a little less cluttered, and I am able to share a bit more freely in this space. So, welcome MySpacers!!

Told ya it was hodgepodgy. (still not a word)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kenny, for letting me know where you are writing. I enjoy reading your thoughts. God's blessings on your service Sunday.

Unknown said...

Blessings on your Sunday service. Enjoy your 'daddy' weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting the My spacers over. Thank you for sharing your journal with us. It's nice to be able to click over and see what you're up to. After you being gone for so long from the gospel music industry, it's nice to know I can just click over and check on you. Have a great weekend.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenny...thanks for directing us over to this area of your life. Keep the pencil sharp!!!!

Jeff